The First Annual NCAEaEAS-RBNMF Festival (North Carolina Acoustic, Electronic and Electro Acoustic Student-Run Brand New Music Festival Festival) will be held at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro on April 19th and 20th, 2010. The festival is hosted by the UNC-G student chapter of the Society of Composers, Inc. and is intended to be an outlet for musical expression not typically found in the classical concert hall. In addition to concerts of student works, there will be a concert and master classes featuring cellist Madeleine Shapiro.
- Student composers are invited to submit their own original compositions. Works to be considered include, but are not limited to, solo or chamber instrumental works, pieces for solo instrument with electronic accompaniment, music for digital media, and compositions for interactive or live electronics.
- Once selected, composers are expected to attend the festival and supply their own performers.
- There is no cash prize, but a recording of the performance will be supplied to the composers after the festival.
- There is no fee to submit works.
- Submissions must be received by March 1st, 2010
To submit works for consideration please send a brief bio, score, and recording of the work to:
c/o Andrew Weathers
1404 W. Friendly Ave
Greensboro, NC 27403
for more info write us at uncgsci (at) gmail (dot) com or check out http://uncgsci.weebly.com/
Deadline: March 1, 2010