Assistant Professor, tenure track. Outstanding teacher with assignments in recording techniques, music technology, and related studies. This position requires a teaching load of 9 credit hours per semester for the first 3 years. Position is contingent on final funding approval for FY 2011.
- Teach undergraduate courses in recording and use of technology in the contexts of music, research, and culture.
- Serve as Pedagogical Director of the recording studio facility.
- Curriculum development in recording and music technology.
- Leadership in the oversight and development of the recording studio facility.
- Other teaching or supervisory responsibilities according to the candidate’s expertise and needs of the department.
- Scholarship and service expectation commensurate with a tenure-track position.
- The Recording Studio of the Towson University Department of Music, a key component of contemporary musical practice, is a professional audio recording and production facility designed and built to support the creative work of the students and faculty of the department and college.