The University of Richmond has an opening for a Music Technology Specialist.
The Music Technology Lab is a 17-station Macintosh-based facility in the Music Department that supports composition, arranging, music theory and electroacoustic music classes. The Lab and the attached Project Studio are also used to record student, faculty and visiting performers.
- Maintain and update computer hardware and software, audio hardware in Music Technology Lab and Project Studio (15 station Macintosh lab, as well as two servers)
- Schedule and supervise recordings of Modlin Center and Music Department Concerts
- Record, edit and master student audition tapes and faculty performances or related projects
- Assist faculty in use of Music Technology Lab for their classes
- Train student employees in use of audio equipment
- Assist students in the use of the lab
- Assist in live performances that incorporate technology