Fellow Boston Composers,
Northeastern University is a sponsor in this year’s Together Festival, a week-long series of electronic music events around Greater Boston. We will be hosting two days of panel discussions along with one electroacoustic music concert. The concert will take place on Thursday April 21, 1pm at the Fenway Center.
We are soliciting electroacoustic works from composers around the Boston area for inclusion in this concert. Submissions may be:
- Stereo or multi-channel works (up to 8 channels)
- Works for live instrument(s) and electronics
- Works for live electronics
This call is only for composers currently living and/or studying in the Boston area. Composers must attend the concert if their work is accepted. Student works are encouraged.
Submission packages must include:
- A recording of the work on CD or DVD (if available)
- A score (if applicable)
- A composer’s bio (250 word max)
- A program note (250 words)
- A performer’s bio (250 word max) – if applicable
- A description of technical requirements for performance
- For submission of mixed works, a statement as to whether the performer(s) will be provided by the composer.
Incomplete submissions and works-in-progress will not be considered.
Submissions should be mailed to:
Department of Music
351 Ryder Hall
Boston, MA 02115
The deadline for submissions is Monday, March 21, 2011. Works chosen for performance will be announced by Monday March 28, 2011.
For more information about the Together Festival go to: http://www.togetherboston.com/