Kansas City based pianist Kari Johnson has opened a Call for Scores for possible performance and inclusion in a research paper. In an attempt to make electroacoustic performance more popular among pianists, Ms. Johnson is researching works for piano and live electronics, with a focus on works that use Max5 or Max/MSP. Works may be selected for performance in the 2011-2012 concert season and/or inclusion in a research paper and presentation.
- Deadline: Preferential treatment will be given to works received by March 21, 2011
- Deadline type: receipt
- Entry fee: none
- Open to: no restrictions
· Composers may submit any number of scores
· Submissions must be for piano and live electronics
· Works must use Max5 or Max/MSP
· Chamber works with piano will not be considered.
· Works including video will be considered
Process for submission:
· All submissions should be electronic and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Submissions should include:
o A PDF file of the score as an attachment to: email@example.com.
o A Zip file of the Max Patch. You may upload the file to a website for download (including yousendit, mega-upload, or any other server).
o An mp3 or link to a recording or MIDI realization is encouraged.
o contact information
o brief bio
o program notes
Attendance: Attendance at events is not required.
Notification: You will only by contacted if more information about your work is required or if your work is chosen for programming or reference in the paper. You will not be notified if your work is not selected for performance.
Questions: Please email questions to karijohnsonpiano (at) gmail.com